What is “personal information”?
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced. Personal information includes, without limitation, a person’s name, address, telephone number, age, gender, family and marital status, credit rating, credit card information, identification numbers (e.g. driver’s license number) assets and liabilities.
Why do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information to:
- process retail transactions in the ordinary course of our business;
- respond to questions concerning our products and services;
- provide customers with information about our marketing and promotional activities and advise them of new products and offers;
- administer promotional contests;
- provide prospective franchisees with information about our franchise system;
- qualify prospective franchisees as eligible franchise candidates; and
- provide operators within our franchise system with access to third party group benefit providers
- track and analyze website browsing patterns on our Sites and across third party sites, for market analysis purposes or in order to make promotional offers to our customers; or provide a better overall web experience
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect information only by lawful and fair means and not indiscriminately. We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, except where authorized or required by law. We do not sell your personal information.
Consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information may be obtained orally or in writing and may be expressly given or implied. In determining how we obtain your consent, we will take into account the sensitivity of the personal information about you that we are collecting, using and/or disclosing.
Use of Information
When we use your personal information to include you in any of our direct marketing activities, we will assume that you have consented to such on going use unless you specifically advise otherwise. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive information about our goods or services, we will not use your personal information to send you any further material. To let us know that you no longer wish to receive information about our services and products, please contact us at:
130 Royal Crest Court
Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If, during the course of our relationship with you, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can continue to provide you with our services.
Is my personal information secure?
Pet Valu takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Only authorized personnel have access to your information. We retain your information only as long as is required for the purpose for which it was collected and for any legal or regulatory requirements. The steps taken to protect your information include:
- Premises security;
- Restricted access to personal information stored electronically;
- Technological safeguards like security software encryption and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access;
- Internal password and security policies; and
- Confidentiality agreements applicable to all employees who have access to personal information collected by Pet Valu.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available upon request. More detailed requests that require archival or other retrieval costs may be subject to a minimal fee to recoup the costs involved.
If Pet Valu holds information about you and if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Pet Valu will take reasonable steps to correct or eliminate such information as appropriate.
Can I be denied access to my personal information?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute.
We may deny access when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy;
- denial of access is reasonable to protect our business’ property rights; or
- the request is clearly unreasonable or frivolous.
- If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
Pet Valu PRIVACY OFFICER
130 Royal Crest Court
Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1